You need the best cordless miter saw to make perfect cuts from any angle you want. No other saw can do the same with equal accuracy and speed. Miter saws are lighter, mobile, and do not require power outlets for their work. If you are working in a remote location, in the field or woods, this is the No1 solution you may think of.
The cordless miter saw is perfect for handyman jobs, landscaping work, or even fixing something on the roof. However, there are too many options on the market, and you may require the help of an experienced carpenter. Here, I’ve gathered my favorite instruments for you.
Top 7 Best Cordless Miter Saw Reviewed
- Makita Brushless Cordless Miter Saw – Top Pick
- Craftsman Sliding Miter Saw – Great Value
- Dewalt Flexvolt Miter Saw Kit – Premium Pick
- Ryobi Cordless Compound Miter Saw
- Makita Brushless Cordless Compound Miter Saw
- Dewalt 12-inch Battery Miter Saw
- Bosch Single-Bevel Slide Miter Saw
I hope my battery powered miter saw comparison will help you to pick the most helpful instrument for you. Pay attention to the description of each product. They are all prime tools on the market.back to menu ↑
1. Makita XSL06PT – Reliable Cordless Compound Miter Saw for Big Projects (My Top Pick)
There are two LXT batteries you need for this 10-inch miter saw. BL motor produces 4 400 RPM and is extremely productive. And don’t worry about overheating, as this motor cuts the carbon brushes to run cooler and longer during the day. Pay attention that this miter saw has an automatic change of speed, which you may have to use if you work with different types of saws before.
- Performance – 4 400RPM BL motor, 334 cuts for one charge;
- Accuracy – automatic speed change, two steel rail sliding design for better accuracy;
- Portability – powered by 2 LXT batteries of 18V, weighs 77.8 pounds;
- Extra features – ports for dust collection, there is a front bevel lock for better comfort.
Makita is a legendary company that has produced power tools since 1915. It is a Japanese developer with millions of clients around the world. This saw is capable of stopping at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, as well as 60°. I suggest you start at low speed and move forward while you are still new to this instrument.
- advanced technologies;
- high quality of materials;
- simple to use;
- well-known company developer.
- slightly more expensive than similar products.
2. Craftsman V20 7-1/4-Inch – Cordless Sliding Miter Saw Kit with Lithium Battery Included
The miter saw is cordless and powered by 1 lithium-ion battery, which comes in a package. The voltage is 20V. This saw has an extremely powerful motor of 3800RPM, which is a lifesaver when it comes to cutting the 2x dimensional hardwoods, lumber, or baseboard. There is also a slide capacity of 8 inches. Being a premium product, this saw offers a clear cross-cut at 45 degrees and 90 degrees.
- Performance – 20V powerful, 1 lithium battery included, 3800 RPM motor;
- Accuracy – cuts at 45 and 90 degrees, contains LED light to eliminate any possible shadow;
- Portability – 21.8 lbs lightweight, there are side carry comfortable handles;
- Extra features – 9 miter detent stops for your safety, 585 cuts in one charge.
Craftsman, the bestselling producer, even offers a 3-years warranty for this saw. They are famous for their tools for professionals and amateurs. This instrument is even accompanied by LED light to provide you with a clear point of view on the material you are cutting.
- 3800 RPM motor;
- LED light for comfortable use;
- three years warranty;
- affordable price.
- you may need to change the blade after several years of exploitation.
3. Dewalt Flexvolt – Battery Operated Miter Saw with 3800 RPM Motor
The 12 inches miter saw is perfect for work when you need a cordless power instrument. One of my favorites in this tool is its battery that switches its voltage automatically when you change instruments. The saw requires 2 lithium batteries that have already been added to the kit. This saw can easily perform 289 cross-cuts on the 3 ¼ inches baseboard. The motor is brushless, which I must admit makes this instrument durable.
- Performance – 3800 RPM motor speed, 2 Lithium batteries, 289 cross cuts with one charge, 120V power;
- Accuracy – this miter saw is flexible, can work on 50 and 60 degrees, has an adjustable 11 detents plate;
- Portability – 56 lbs, heavy to carry around all day, but can be easily transported a few times during the day;
- Extra features – there is a cutline indicator without adjustment and a system that positions the blade properly.
Dewalt is considered to be one of the best developers of miter saws and powerful tools in general. Unlike Makita, it is US-based. The company was created in 1924, specializing in tools from the very beginning. All its products are considered premium.
- adjustable to different angles;
- powerful motor;
- high-quality stainless steel;
- brushless motor is durable;
- slightly more expensive than similar saws.
4. Ryobi Cordless Compound Miter Saw – 24-Tooth Battery Miter Saw
The blade of this saw is 24-tooth, easy to change because of the spindle lock and covered with carbide. There is a specific cast miter scale that guarantees the accuracy of work even if you are not a professional woodworker. However, you must pay attention to the fact that both the charger and battery for this tool are sold separately. It has an adjustable angle of work from 0 degrees to 45 degrees.
- Performance – 7 ¼ inches blade with 24 teeth covered in carbide; 0 degrees – 45 degrees angle, 12V battery;
- Accuracy – there is a wide dust port that clears your way while you are working, cast and machined miter scale;
- Portability – it weighs 20.8 pounds and is transportable;
- Extra features – spindle lock for a quick changing of the blade.
Ryobi, a Japanese manufacturer, offers a 3 years warranty. This company prospers since the 1945 year, making instruments for home and professional use. The saw works on 18V power. There is a dust port to prevent any problems with unclean working space. The saw weighs 20.8 pounds.
- durable and sharp blade;
- multiple angles adjustment;
- clear cuts;
- high-quality material;
- affordable price.
- the kit does not include a battery and a charger.
5. Makita Brushless Miter Saw
Compared to other miter saws, this one is compact and lightweight. It weighs only 28.8 pounds, which is nothing for a tool packed with numerous features and made of high-quality materials. Dimensions of the saw, which are 25.7 L x 17 W x 17.5 H inches, allow you to place it anywhere in your garage or woodshop. Despite its small size, it has a 5700 RPM powerful motor, and you have to be extremely careful with your fingers while using the saw. There is no battery in the package!
- Performance – 5700RPM brushless motor, 2 batteries of 18V;
- Accuracy – there is a 4-steel sliding system on the rail which produces super-clean cuts;
- Portability – it weighs only 28.2 lbs and is easy to transport. Even with a battery, you’ll have no problems with carrying this tool around;
- Extra features – automatic speed change mechanism.
Makita offers an adjustable speed technology for this miter saw. It may be quite useful during the work, but you have to always remember about keeping your hands far from the blade. There are 2 lithium-ion batteries of 18V you need to order. The motor is brushless and serves splendidly for many years.
- highest quality;
- sliding rail system;
- powerful motor of 5700RPM;
- price is affordable.
- no battery and charger in the pack.
6. Dewalt 12-inch Miter Saw
You can buy either a miter saw package or miter saw and a stand if you need it. I assume you already have a miter saw stand, so I suggest you buy it separately. The power of this instrument is pretty impressive and reaches 4000RPM. The source of power is electricity, and you need 15 Amp to make it work. The instrument is made of stainless steel and top quality plastic. The detent plate contains 14 stops for better accuracy.
- Performance – the motor is 4000 RPM fast and runs on 15 Amp, the arbor size is 5/8 inches;
- Accuracy – for better accuracy, this tools contains an adjustable miter detent plate of stainless steel with 14 stops, dust bag, and tall sliding fences;
- Portability – it weighs 42.8 pounds, so it is not comfortable to carry around;
- Extra features – sliding fences are comfortable, cross-cut capacity is 2 x 8-inch dimensional lumber for 90 degrees, and 2x 6 inch for 45 degrees.
Dewalt offers 45 and 90 degrees cross-cuts capacity. Besides, the bevels go to 3 degrees right and 48 degrees left. You can make positive stops for 3 degrees, 0, 45, 33.9 degrees. The instrument contains a blade wrench, dust bag, blade of carbide, side handles, and vertical clamp.
- stainless steel miter detent plate;
- 4000 RPM power;
- blade wrench;
- adjustable angles of work;
- affordable price.
- heavy to transport.
7. Bosch Single-Bevel Slide Miter Saw – Cherry on Top of Our Cordless Miter Saw Reviews
This battery-powered tool offers clear cuts, a laser guide system, and quick dust collection. It requires an 18V battery to work. A comfortable handle allows you to carry it around anywhere you need this tool. Besides, this miter saw has an adjustable guide fence that offers up to 40 degrees angle.
- Performance – powerful engine, 377 cuts per one charge;
- Accuracy – laser guide system for better accuracy;
- Portability – weighs just 31.5 lbs and contains a carrying handle attached for better mobility;
- Extra features – extra power from 2 batteries of 18V, nested crown cutting.
Bosch is a German developer of versatile power tools and technologies. It was founded in 1886, and since that time, continues to produce multiple prime instruments on the market. This saw has a megawatt technology with the additional power of 8.0 Ah and 12.0 Ah batteries inside.
- great portability;
- laser guide;
- sharp blade;
- 377 cuts in one charge;
- extra power.
- more expensive than similar miter saws.
Cordless Miter Saw Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the most suitable instrument requires some time. You need to consider versatile features and pay attention to the benefits and flaws of each model. While I narrowed down the list of possible tools for you, there are still personal requirements I can’t predict. Take some time, read descriptions, and choose wisely.back to menu ↑
How to choose the best cordless miter saw
Despite all my attempts to propose you the most affordable miter saws here, any tool of high quality is not cheap. On the other hand, you may consider it an investment that will work on you for many years. I am not going to talk about brands and their importance, as I’ve gathered only the most famous and trustable developers for you.back to menu ↑
The list contains cordless saws, so they all run on chargeable batteries. It means that you have to look for the voltage that each battery uses. It indicates the power it produces. The market constantly extends with new offers of more power; however, it must be compatible with other features of the miter saw.
You may notice that some of the saws on the list contain not one but two batteries. It increases the provided power. The average voltage of the power tool is 12-18V. All the batteries are made with lithium-ion technology, which guarantees better capacity.back to menu ↑
RPM or revolution per minute is a measurement that shows how accurate and powerful your miter saw is. Usually, the number of turns in cordless instruments can be reached up to 4000-5000. I’ve mentioned Makita Brushless Cordless Compound Miter Saw on the list that reaches 5700 RPM, which guarantees clear cuts and productive work. However, you may find the tools with 3000 RPM powerful enough for each type of work.back to menu ↑
Even the most lightweight saws on my list are not weightless completely. You will not be able to carry a saw around for hours. The average weight is somewhere near 25-30 lbs. The handle attached to the saw makes transportation more comfortable.back to menu ↑
Safety is simply a vital feature that you always have to keep in mind working with any power tools. The blade of any miter saw is sharp enough to cut your hands. Make sure you are familiar with the machine guarding basic rules. Besides the safety measures you must always remember, there are features that developers may offer:
- Guard. Almost all miter saws contain guards. It will help you to stay away from the blade;
- Proper weight. Check out whether your instrument has a suitable weight and does not fall down sharply;
- Controls. Check out whether the saw has easy-to-reach controls while you are working;
- The base must be stable enough. It can’t slide during the working process.
One of the main attractions of such saws is the ability to cut at several angles. The standard ability of each saw is a 45-degree bevel. Accurate bevel is an important benefit of any saw, especially if you are up to the crown molding.back to menu ↑
Tips for using a cordless miter saw
The mobile instrument is definitely one of the greatest achievements of modern science and technologies. You don’t even require a stand for your work. Besides, you don’t need any power outlets for cordless tools. Here are some tips that you may find useful:
- If you need a workbench, you can make it by yourself with simple DIY recommendations. Just make sure it is properly fixed and can’t be moved during your work;
- For those who worry about the inability to make straight cuts, there are tools with lasers, specific fences, and LED lights. These features make your work faster, as you don’t need to check whether the line is straight constantly. If you don’t have the laser, you can buy it additionally;
- For repetitive cuts, you can use the stop blocks. It will save you lots of time, as your cuts will always be where you need them.
Cordless Miter Saw FAQ
Check out these popular questions and answers them. I’ve tried to concentrate only on the most important aspects. Hopingly, this section will be helpful for you.back to menu ↑
How long can a cordless miter saw work without recharging?
It depends on the intensity of work. On average, a cordless instrument can produce up to 350-500 cuts per one charge. Depending on your work, the battery may work for a day without the need to be charged or for several hours.back to menu ↑
What is better cordless or corded miter saw?
It depends on your work. If you need mobility and work in numerous locations, a cordless item is the best for you. However, corded tools usually do not require a battery charge, and they can’t run out of power. Besides, the cords are cheaper.back to menu ↑
How often should I replace batteries on a cordless miter saw?
As I’ve told you before, it depends on the intensity of your work, the materials you work with, and the battery capacity. Most of the instruments I described contain two batteries, which mean double power. Replace them when they are completely worn out. These batteries are Lithium-Ion and have a prolonged lifespan.back to menu ↑
The Best Choice
I hope you find my reviews helpful. When you finally decide which cordless miter saw to opt for, don’t forget to check out other clients’ reviews. I am sure that one of these advanced tools will meet your specific demands. Take into consideration every feature and every disadvantage that might appear on your way.
The best tool offers you smooth work, prolonged battery life, great power, speed, accuracy of cutting, and flexibility. If you have found your perfect instrument on the list, please share your thoughts here in the comments below. How do you like the cordless miter saw? I also wonder whether you prefer to work with the corded or cordless instrument and which advantages you see.