These days, you no longer have to carry around your tools, wood, and other heavy stuff by hand. Just get the best dump cart for a lawn tractor if you want to make your workload a lot easier and faster — this type of equipment in your arsenal will truly make a difference!
Attached to a lawn tractor, a solid dump cart excels at pulling or towing heavy loads behind a small vehicle. If you’re seeking a quality lawn tractor dump trailer, you’ve come to the right place. Here, I’m going to share my reviews of the best dump trailers for lawn tractors. Read on and enjoy.
Top 7 Best Garden Tractor Dump Cart Reviews
If you’re fond of gardening and constantly hunting for tools to make your gardening activities more efficient, my experience-based garden tractor dump cart reviews published below are sure to come in handy. Stay tuned for my in-depth research of the best tow behind dump carts, their main characteristics, as well as pros and cons.
Keep reading — and don’t forget to share your opinion with me and your fellow-readers in the comment box at the bottom of the post. We’ll be waiting!back to menu ↑
1. Gorilla Carts GOR866D Poly Dump Cart for Lawn Tractor: My Best Pick
This cart is such an awesome workhorse. Well-made, super reliable, maintenance-free, rust-proof, and easy-to-clean, it makes transporting materials around your garden a breeze. It’s pretty tough, and yet it doesn’t weigh much. Thanks to the well-thought-out handle design, you can pull the thing manually, or hitch it to a tractor with a single pin, with the handle still left pullable when unhitched.
Assembly is relatively easy, especially if you ask a buddy or a neighbor to help you. Boasting a patented fast-release build, this cart holds a lot, doesn’t tip over to the side, and is great at saving your time and reducing fatigue.
The cart is going to pull and push with ease through your yard. The thing may seem too big at first glance, but once you start using it, you will realize that it’s a perfect size. The frame is top-notch steel, and the dump mechanism is top-of-the-line.
Truth be told, this multi-use beast of a cart is beyond sturdy. So, if you’re searching for a maneuverable dump cart for just about anything around the house, this honey might be your best bet. Bricks, hay, yard debris, firewood, kids…
The thing is great at hauling all sorts of heavy stuff. To cut a long story short, you can’t go wrong with this pull-behind yard cart in your home, farm, or gardening arsenal. It’s going to make your gardening and yard work so much easier!
- solid construction;
- easy to assemble, use, clean, and maintain;
- rolls like a champ;
- heavy loads are no problem;
- spacious and reasonably priced.
- the cart is quite lightweight when empty; thus, steering it on uneven ground can be challenging;
- lacks proper assembly instructions.
2. Agri-Fab 45-0101: Sturdy & Well-Built Tow Behind Dump Cart
Tired of spending tons of time and effort carrying bags of heavy stuff around your yard or garden when a solid dump cart can effortlessly get the job done for you? Run this fantastic cart through its paces, and chances are you will regret that you’ve lived so long without it. Yep, this great garden tractor dump trailer is my second-best pick. Here’s why.
First and foremost, it’s sturdy. The combination of its steel build and impressive load capacity (750 lbs) makes it ideal for commercial use. Second, the cart comes with a super handy hitch that suits any lawn tractor. That being said, the beast was made to effortlessly deal with anything you put on it. It’s lightweight and a piece of cake to move around. Assembly is rather straightforward but, naturally, takes a bit of elbow grease (best done with a friend).
On an additional plus side, it’s made in the U.S., and the company provides great customer service. All in all, with proper use and maintenance, this dump cart will most likely last you for years to come. Best bang for your buck, for sure.
Even if you beat the heck out of it with heavy rocks, it’s still going to work great. So, if you’re on the prowl for a handy and reliable lawn tractor utility trailer, this heavy-duty ‘baby’ might be exactly what you need.
- maneuverable, durable, and perfect for large loads;
- features a superb hitch that suits any lawn tractor;
- set-up is a cakewalk;
- high-quality wheels and tires;
- made in the U.S.
- not the clearest assembly instructions out there;
- could use better packaging.
3. Polar Trailer #8262 HD Lawn Tractor Utility Trailer: My Premium Pick
This solidly built steel beast is a game-changer for a DIY’er. It’s great for hauling tree limbs, gravel, mulch, compost, and various tools on your property. The assembly is no-instructions-necessary and so easy, even a kid can manage to install the trailer. In addition to all this, the thing boasts durable wheels.
With this dump trailer, you can transform your lawn tractor or ATV into a multi-functional hauling machine. It holds big loads, boasting stability and smoothness regardless of the terrain you use it on. Don’t forget that this baby was manufactured to use in home applications. Avoid towing it behind a vehicle on a highway or in any high-speed application.
So if you’re on the fence about purchasing this trailer after reading some negative reviews, I can wholeheartedly assure you that this unit is very good. Feel free to put this outstanding honey through some real tough work, and you will see that it will still be in great shape. It will hold and haul everything you will put in it.
At the end of the day, this Polar unit is a must-have if you’re planning to take your trailer across some rough terrain. Furthermore, the thing is a great investment for any yard project. Need a Christmas present for your buddy or husband? This strong honey might be just the ticket. It’s going to make your life easier and a lot more convenient.
- well-built and durable;
- fairly easy to put together;
- easily holds big loads (1500 lb hold capacity);
- rides smoothly and works flawlessly;
- awesome utility buggy for a smaller-sized farm.
- a bit on the wide and heavy side.
- not the cheapest dump cart on the scene, but it’s worth every penny.
4. Ohio Steel 4048PHYB: Among the Best Pull Behind Carts for Lawn Tractor
Feel free to haul loads of paver blocks, mulch, hay, sand, leaves, gravel, or rocks on your property in this cart. The thing hauls smoothly and dumps easily. In other words, this product won’t let you down. Bear in mind that you will most likely have to use some elbow grease to fully unload the cart — particularly if you’re dumping stuff in a flat area.
Unlike your typical metal dump cart, this robust and well-engineered honey isn’t prone to rusting, denting, or permanently bending under stress. Also, it’s significantly quieter when used over rough terrain. As a matter of fact, with its tough poly-style material, big tires, and heavy-duty steel frame components, the thing looks nearly indestructible. It’s obvious: this cart was built to last.
So, if you’re rummaging the net for a dump cart that’s not a wussy, this sturdy unit might be just what the doctor ordered. With proper maintenance, the cart is going to last you at least ten years. Overall, this high-quality, tough, affordable, and made-in-the-U.S. little wagon is going to live up to your expectations — or even significantly exceed them.
- sturdy and long-lasting;
- assembly is as easy as pie;
- top-notch dump mechanism;
- solid-quality tires;
- non-flimsy and affordable.
- the two-in-one hitch system is not the most efficient on the scene.
5. Polar Trailer #9393 LG 7: Among the Toughest Tractor Utility Carts
Need a reliable tractor utility cart to take out the trash, pick up lawn trimmings, and haul the heavy stuff around your yard? This awesome unit might be the perfect fit for your needs. Feel free to make the most of it for an array of yard and gardening projects. It’s also ideal for hunting and wood hauling. With its multiple perks and exceptional engineering, chances are this beast will work to your satisfaction.
The assembly is as easy as ABC. Everything goes together like Legos. Just follow the straightforward illustrated instructions that come with the unit and use your basic tools to install it. Need to pull it around manually? No problem with that at all. You will like the dump feature as well. While you won’t get to fully empty the load, that’s not a big deal. Just use a rake to empty out a few remaining leaves, and you’re done.
The barrel is a high-end beefy type of plastic (meaning it won’t rust). It’s super thick and solid while having some flex feel to it under load. The rest components are steel. Bear in mind that most kinds of plastic are exposed to UV degradation (meaning, plastic degrades in the sun), so make sure you purchase a high-quality UV-resistant tarp for outside storage. For the record, if the bucket were metal, it would’ve been a lot heavier.
All things considered, this product is great for the price. Easy to move around and incredibly efficient, it’s definitely going to save you lots of hours in the yard.
- installation is fairly obvious.
- sturdy construction & 600 lb. load capacity.
- lightweight and maneuverable.
- excellent tilt and swivel feature for dumping.
- great bang for your buck.
- doesn’t empty the load completely.
6. MotoAlliance Impact ATV/UTV: Heavy Duty Dump Cart & Cargo Trailer
With its beefy poly tub, steel grating fence, big tires, good welds, and heavy frame, this dump cart is terrifically rugged for all your heaviest chores. Keep in mind that it arrives disassembled and requires some time and elbow grease to put it together. If you’re totally unhandy, ask a buddy to help you assemble the thing.
The bed may seem a bit smaller than you expect, but the unit drives very smoothly, even on some rough and narrow paths. Whether you’re going to use this dump cart to haul firewood, rocks, and tools, or take the trash to the community dumpster, it will most likely leave you completely satisfied. Just give this little beast a go, and you’ll instantly feel that it was built with long-lastingness in mind.
Ultimately, this lightweight-yet-tough cart was definitely built to haul anything you need it for. It will neither bend nor break from heavy loads. And the thing won’t rust, which is also very good. All in all, this dump cart is a great choice for any heavy hauling. It’s versatile, durable, and extremely handy to have around the farm.
- reliable, sturdy construction;
- stable on bumpy, uneven ground;
- the dump feature works like a champ;
- great carrying capacity;
- fantastic customer service.
- assembly instructions are not super straightforward.
7. Gorilla Carts GOR800-COM Steel Utility Cart: A True Life-Saver!
Simple design, reliable construction, well-made wheels, easy assembly, smooth steering, reasonable price… Yep, it’s all about this incredibly helpful Gorilla garden cart. It’s a wonder wagon! This baby holds up very well if properly taken care of. It’s easy to maneuver and pull regardless of the weight on it or the surface type. And the assembly is a breeze. Even your grandma would figure out the installation.
This dump cart is capable of carrying a good amount of weight (up to 800 pounds). Everything about the unit screams sturdiness: the frame, wheels, paint system, and pull handle. Another silver lining is that the cart isn’t prone to bending, twisting, or deforming. Generally speaking, if your gardening projects suggest lots of bag carrying, this dump cart is going to save your back.
Now, let me tell you about the smell of the tires. Yes, you may have already guessed that they stink. They are rubber, so it’s only natural. Therefore, don’t let this minor drawback become a deal-breaker. Just use the thing outside for a while, and you will notice that the overwhelming and nauseating rubber smell gradually airs out.
All in all, there’s a strong possibility that if you give this little orange wagon a chance, it will have you wondering why you didn’t get the bad boy earlier. The tough and trusty thing is going to make your yard and gardening chores a whole lot easier. And it’s lightweight enough for a woman to use on her own. My wife’s everyday gardening experience is the living proof of that.
- solid construction and fairly effortless installation;
- the sides can be easily removed;
- rolls smoothly, easily, and quietly;
- impeccable customer service;
- great piece of gear for the price.
- stinky tires;
- packaging could be better.
Best Dump Cart for Lawn Tractor: Tips & Hacks
Tractor dump carts are handy when it comes to coping with a slew of around-the-yard projects. To be more precise, they allow you to transfer weighty loads of tools or firewood behind your vehicle, thus, saving you tons of your precious hours and lots of body pain. To cut a long story short, a quality tractor utility cart is going to cut back your workload tremendously.
Being a modern gardener/lawn enthusiast, you’re probably aware that there’s a multitude of dump cart types, particularly when it comes to such parameters as design, size, and features. Below, you will find the most common types of dump trailers for lawn tractors:
- poly tub dump trailer: this honey is the best choice for most gardening enthusiasts. It’s reasonably priced, well-crafted, a breeze to clean, water-resistant, and exceptionally durable. It’s the perfect fit when it comes to transporting loads of manure, mud, and gravel across your yard;
- plastic tub unit: although this dump cart looks similar to the previous type, it’s a lot more cost-effective. Plastic units are fairly lightweight and ideal for you if your basic gardening chores don’t imply carrying around super heavy loads;
- steel tub dump trailer: this unit boasts maximum durability and long-lastingness compared to the rest dump trailer types. Naturally, steel tub dump carts are among the most expensive pieces of gardening gear. They usually feature high-end additions to make your gardening or lawn care experience even more satisfying;
- structural form ‘polymer’ units: these honeys are crafted with premium polymer materials, which makes them remarkably heavy-duty. These babies aren’t prone to scratching or staining and come with extra pockets on the side. Therefore, you get to carry more stuff on your dump cart compared to other types. Super handy!
Things to Consider Before Opting for the Best Unit
It may seem that capacity is the only criterion that’s paramount when it comes to sticking with the right dump cart for your lawn tractor. However, there’s a multitude of other important factors to take into account prior to processing a purchase.
Solid performance and long-lastingness are very important when it comes to choosing the right tool for your specific demands.
You’re probably aware that dump trailers come in various price categories, which means you can come across some really pricey models.
Therefore, my advice is to always view these pieces of equipment as investments and consider an array of parameters before buying the right unit. Below, I’ve listed the most important factors to reflect on before ordering a dump cart for your lawn tractor.
What It’s Crafted of, or Materials Matter
What your dump cart is made of determines the level of its efficiency. Therefore, taking this vital parameter into account before making a purchase is vital. Most dump trailers are either plastic or metal. Both materials have their pros and cons. Now, let me cover the topic of dump cart materials more extensively:
- metal dump trailers: these days, due to the drop in popularity, metal is gradually being replaced by the plastic when it comes to dump yard carts for lawn tractors. Certainly, if you intend to move firewood, rocks, or weighty instruments in your cart, I recommend opting for a metal (read as steel) unit. However, if you’re more focused on hauling leaves or sand, then sticking with plastic is the smartest choice;
- plastic dump trailers: if you think that plastic is a cheap and flimsy material, think again. While the fact that most plastic dump trailers are less expensive than metal units, it doesn’t mean that they are inefficient. In fact, plastic units (unlike their metal counterparts) aren’t prone to rust or harsh weather conditions.
Capacity: Approach It Wisely
Typically, when it comes to their load-carrying capacity parameter, dump trailers range from the 800 lb to the 100-2000 lb mark. The load capacity you focus on determines the load you will be able to move across a certain type of ground. Furthermore, the price of a unit also depends on its load capacity.
If you run a large cattle ranch, you’re going to need to get a solid dump cart with a bigger capacity — something that cannot be said about regular homeowners and gardening enthusiasts.back to menu ↑
Maneuverability: Is It a Priority?
While maneuverability may not seem to be the most important criterion, it’s going to influence the smoothness and overall transportation performance of a dump cart. What particularly adds up to the maneuverability of your dump trailer is a top-notch set of tires that comes with the unit.
Thus, when researching the unit that has caught your eye, don’t forget to learn all about the tires it features their dimension and material. When all is said and done, mobility should be among the top priorities on your way to purchasing the best piece of equipment.back to menu ↑
Weight & Versatility Are Important, Too
Your dump cart’s weight is another important criterion to take into account prior to making the final must-buy decision. Believe me, you don’t want a heavy unit. Because a relatively lightweight dump trailer aids you in carrying the loads in a much easier and more efficient manner.
Furthermore, the heavier the unit, the worse the mobility. Bear in mind that a metal dump cart doesn’t equal heaviness. It all depends on a model, so study the specs with laser-like focus prior to making a purchase.
Now, let me dwell upon a dump trailer’s versatility. No doubt, a state-of-the-art dump cart should be able to cope with more than just one single challenge. For instance, an ordinary cart can only transfer plants and compost.
However, if you’re on the prowl for the best pull-behind cart for your lawn tractor, make sure that the unit you will ultimately stick with is a lot more versatile. A solid dump cart should be capable of moving lots of stuff, ranging from firewood to debris and various types of heavyweight tools.back to menu ↑
Functionality to Focus on
There are myriads of dump carts on the scene. With that said, laying your hands on the best unit for your needs can be challenging. To ensure that the piece of gear that has caught your attention suits your requirements perfectly, check if it flaunts with the following vital characteristics:
- quick-dump facility: it will help you unload the stuff you transport with maximum ease and speed;
- massive across-all-ground-types wheels and pneumatic tires: they add up to the unit’s maneuverability;
- two or four wheels: the latter option usually comes with better stability, but it’s really a matter of individual choice;
- hitching mechanism: the majority of dump carts feature universal hatches that suit all kinds of vehicles. There are units, however, that come with hook systems that are compatible only with riding lawn mowers. Always check this issue out prior to making a purchase: because you need to be 100% sure that your unit is easily attachable to the required vehicle.
So, Are You Ready to Take Action?
Yes, staying with the best-performing dump trailer is not a walk in the park. However, now that I’ve shared my experience-based reviews with you, I hope that I’ve made this road less bumpy for you. So, feel free to conduct your own analysis and make the right choice.
Remember that proper maintenance is paramount when it comes to prolonging the lifespan of this type of gear. With that said, avoid modifying your dump cart, or you may damage it easily. Do not utilize your dump cart for transporting your kids or friends. Always clean the unit after use and make sure you store it in a well-ventilated, dry place.
Perhaps, you’ve already discovered that flawless tow-behind utility cart for your gardening demands? You’re welcome to share your conclusions on the topic in the comment section below. What model have you picked, and why? Is it durable? How long have you been using it? Speak up and get the discussion going now!