Woodwork and logging require the use of the right tools that will make the process quicker, easier, and safer. If you are looking for the best corded chainsaw, consider everything from its design to all the different features it may have. In this review, I talk about some of the best models I had hands-on experience with.
You can compare their features and choose an ideal model for your projects, professional ones or those you have in your yard.
Top 7 Best Corded Chainsaws Reviewed
- Oregon CS1500 18-inch Chainsaw— Our Top Pick
- MAXLANDER 14-inch Chainsaw— Runner Up
- Makita UC4051A 16-Inch Chainsaw— Our Premium Pick
- Greenworks 40V 12-Inch Chainsaw
- Zombi ZCS12017 16-Inch Chainsaw
- BLACK+DECKER 18-Inch Chainsaw
- WORX WG322 10-Inch Chainsaw
Here you will find reviews of different corded chainsaws that definitely deserve your attention. You can discover their pros and cons to pick the best one.
1. Oregon CS1500 18-inch Chainsaw — Best Corded Chain Saw for a Wide Variety of Tasks
The number one chainsaw on my list regarding pricing and features is an 18-inch model from Oregon. It’s one of those chainsaws that exceeded my expectations when I used it for several months. I like that it has an instant startup, so you can begin working right away. It’s less noisy than the gas chainsaws and even some of the electric ones I used in the past.
This is a 120V model, so it’s certainly a powerful one. This chainsaw has a self-sharpening system that works as intended, and you can always rely on having the smoothest cuts. Even though it is a serious tool for woodwork, it weighs under 13 pounds, so it is still lightweight.
There is a chain brake for safety, and I like that this is a low-kickback chainsaw, so it is not stressful to use compared to some models out there. I tested this chainsaw on hardwoods, and it cuts anything up to 16 inches in diameter without any issues.
- Powerful chainsaw for different projects
- Has an instant start
- Features a built-in chain sharpener
- Convenient to use
- A chain may slip off if you don’t tighten it properly
2. MAXLANDER 14-inch Chainsaw — Corded Chainsaw With All the Basic Features
I decided to put the MAXLANDER chainsaw as the runner-up of this review, as it has an excellent set of features. One of the first things I noticed about it is that it doesn’t feel heavy when you hold it, as it weighs around 7.7 pounds. It’s one of those models you can use for several hours without becoming too tired. The chainsaw features a double handle, adding to the safety and comfort of use.
The chainsaw has a 14-inch bar, which works well for many different projects. To maintain this chainsaw, there is an auto-lubrication system, and you can see the oil level in a window. The chain can be adjusted without additional tools. This model pleasantly surprised me with its cutting performance, as it can be used to cut limbs up to 34 inches in diameter effectively. Overall, I can confidently say that this high-quality chainsaw is suitable for many different projects.
- Tool-less adjustment of the chain and blade
- Has an automatic chain lubricator
- Produces less noise
- Lightweight design
- Doesn’t have an emergency brake
3. Makita UC4051A 16-Inch Chainsaw — Comfortable and Powerful Electric Corded Chainsaw
In my opinion, the list wouldn’t be complete without talking about a powerful 16-inch chainsaw from Makita. One of my friends considers this the best chainsaw in its budget range, and I agree it deserves the attention it gets. Firstly, this powerful chainsaw offers a chain speed of up to 2900 FPM and a 16-inch bar. With its help, you can cut through heavy wood trunks, and it won’t be a problem.
Compared to other models, this one is heavier, as it weighs around 14 pounds. This option works quite well if you don’t need to carry a chainsaw from one place to another. You can adjust the chain and blade without using any tools, making the process much quicker and easier.
As for design, it’s obviously well thought-out, as the chainsaw has a rubberized handle and a large trigger switch. There is an oil reservoir with a window; you can clearly see when you are running out of oil and need to add more.
- Tool-less maintenance
- Has a rubberized handle
- Ergonomic design
- A powerful corded model
- Heavier compared to some options
4. Greenworks 40V 12-Inch Chainsaw — Corded Electric Chain Saw From a Reliable Manufacturer
The next tool I should mention in this review is a 12-inch and 40V model from Greenworks. This cordless chainsaw offers a great performance thanks to its long-lasting batteries and a great motor. You will be able to get approximately 75 cuts on a single charge, so it’s something to keep in mind.
As it is a 12-inch chainsaw, you should remember that it won’t be suitable for large-diameter trees. When I tested this chainsaw, I wasn’t surprised to see very sharp and clean cuts, as it is something you would expect from Greenworks.
I enjoyed how lightweight this model is, so you can take this portable chainsaw to another side of the yard without any issues. The chainsaw weighs just 6 pounds, and you are unlikely to find any other high-quality model that is more lightweight. When it comes to the additional features, there is an automatic oiler and a tool-less tensioning system. The only thing I would add to this model is an anti-kickback safety feature.
- Has an auto-oiling system
- Doesn’t require tools for chain tensioning
- Durable construction
- Doesn’t have an anti-kickback feature
5. Zombi ZCS12017 16-Inch Chainsaw — High-Quality Chainsaw With Impressive Design
The first thing that draws your attention when you see this model from Zombi is its incredible aesthetics. The chainsaw has a unique design, so if you also want to look stylish while working with wood, you should look into this option. What is great about this chainsaw is that it not only looks great but it also works well.
When I saw one of my friends use it, I just needed to try it myself. The chainsaw has a 16-inch bar and an auto-lubrication feature for it. There is a safety lock button and a hand guard, which is quite standard for many modern chainsaws. Similar to most models in this review, this one is easy to handle thanks to its light weight and a rubber handle.
The saw has a tool-less chain tensioner that works flawlessly. I would say that this is a universal tool for its features and is powerful enough for cutting through hardwoods. Indeed, it’s not the most feature-rich option, but it does its job.
- Bright and interesting design
- A convenient model that is easy to hold
- Has the necessary safety features
- The chain quality could be improved
6. BLACK+DECKER CS1518 18-Inch Chainsaw — Powerful Chainsaw for Home and Professional Use
Another high-quality chainsaw for those who need to cut larger tree trunks is an 18-inch model from BLACK+DECKER. This chainsaw has a 15 Amp motor and delivers quick and smooth cuts. In combination with a longer bar, you can work on large pieces of wood, both professionally and in your yard. The model is not the lightest compared to other options on the list, but its ergonomic design and convenient handle make it easy to use.
I like that this model has a chain brake, as safety should always be a priority when working with any power tools. There is a system for automatic oiling of the chain and bar, which is essential for preventing wear and tear in the long run. It’s easy to see if you need to add more oil through a transparent window provided in this chainsaw. You can adjust the chain at any moment without any tools. In my opinion, this model has a great combination of a reasonable price and a selection of valuable features.
- Has an 18-inch bar
- Doesn’t require tools for chain tensioning
- Has a reliable motor
- Affordable option
- Not the most lightweight option
7. WORX WG322 10-Inch Chainsaw — Highly Compact Yet Powerful Chainsaw Model
The last chainsaw model I decided to include is a portable and convenient option created by WORX. This is a high-quality chainsaw known for its compact design. The power tool features a 10-inch bar, which is definitely on the shorter side and will work for people who don’t need to cut large tree trunks daily.
The 20V chainsaw is cordless, and I tested it plenty of times to see how well it deals with wood and delivers clean cuts. The tension is very easy to adjust when you work, as the tool-free system is a part of this chainsaw design. This particular model is ridiculous light, as it weighs just 6.2 pounds. I noticed that my back and hands don’t strain as much when I use such a light chainsaw in my work.
Despite being a compact model, it has additional features, such as auto-chain lubrication and an oil indicator on its body. The chain delivers fast cuts. Therefore, you can pick it if you need a tool for smooth work. The entire construction feels durable and reliable, so it’s surely a high-quality option for working with wood of different types.
- Works quietly
- Has a compact and convenient design
- Extremely lightweight
- Affordable option
- Its battery life could be more prolonged
Corded Chainsaw Buyer’s Guide
A corded chainsaw is a powerful tool that can quickly work any tree-felling or wood-cutting job. Nowadays, dozens of brands offer hundreds of chainsaws. As a result, you may feel confused when picking the best one. That’s why I’ve put together this buyer’s guide to help you find the perfect corded chainsaw for your needs!
Advantages of using a corded chainsaw
If you aren’t a professional, you may wonder what the difference between using a corded chainsaw in your household is. There are a few advantages to using a corded chainsaw over a gas-powered one.
- First, corded chainsaws are much cheaper to operate. You don’t have to worry about buying gas or oil, and you don’t have to pay for tune-ups or maintenance.
- Second, corded chainsaws are much quieter than gas-powered ones. It’s crucial if you use the saw in an urban area or around other people.
- Third, corded chainsaws are much lighter than gas-powered ones. This makes them easier to use for long periods of time, and it also makes them less likely to cause injuries.
- Finally, corded chainsaws are much more environmentally friendly than gas-powered chainsaws.
How do electric chainsaws work?
An electric chainsaw is a powerful and versatile tool that can quickly do various tasks, from cutting firewood to trimming branches. But how do these saws work?
Electric chainsaws have a motor that rotates a metal chain around a guide bar. The chain has sharp teeth cutting through wood as the saw is moved through it.
The motor in an electric chainsaw is powered by electricity, either from a battery or a cord plugging into an outlet. It makes electric chainsaws much more convenient than gas-powered ones, which require you to mix gas and oil and can be challenging to start.
Electric chainsaws are also lighter than gas-powered ones, making them easier to use for extended periods. And because they don’t produce emissions, they’re better for the environment.
An electric chainsaw is an excellent option if you’re looking for a powerful and versatile saw for your next project.
Corded vs. cordless chainsaws
There are 2 different types of electric chainsaws: corded and cordless. Corded chainsaws are plugged into an outlet, while cordless chainsaws run on battery power.
Corded chainsaws offer more power and run time than their cordless counterparts, making them ideal for heavy-duty tasks like felling trees. However, they’re limited by the power cord’s length, making them difficult to use in large or remote areas. Cordless chainsaws are more portable and offer greater freedom of movement, but they may not have enough power to tackle more challenging jobs.
A corded model is a way to go if you’re looking for a powerful electric chainsaw that can handle heavy-duty jobs. But a cordless chainsaw is the better option if you need something more portable and easier to use.
What to consider before choosing a corded chainsaw: buying guide
When you are in the market for a chainsaw, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind before making your purchase. Here is a buyer’s guide to help you choose the best corded chainsaw for your needs.
- Consider the size of the saw. You will need a saw with more power if you use it for large projects. But, a less powerful saw should suffice if you need it for smaller jobs around the house.
- Think about the weight of the saw. A heavier saw can be more difficult to maneuver, so if you have no experience using a chainsaw, you may want to choose a lighter model.
- Take into account the price of the saw. Corded chainsaws can range in price from around $100 to $1,000 or more. Choose the saw that fits your budget and your needs.
Corded chainsaw safety tips
Corded chainsaws are very dangerous tools and should be used with extreme caution. Here are some safety tips to follow when using a corded chainsaw:
- Always wear proper safety gear, including gloves, goggles, and a helmet.
- Read the instruction manual carefully before using the saw.
- Inspect the saw before using it to make sure it is in good working condition.
- Be sure the cord is not frayed or damaged in any way.
- Keep the cord away from the cutting area to avoid accidental cuts.
- Never use the saw while standing on a ladder or other elevated surface.
- Use extra caution when cutting around obstacles or tight spaces.
- Turn off the saw and unplug it when you stop cutting.
A corded chainsaw is a great tool to have for any homeowner. It’s powerful, efficient, and can cut any tree or shrub. But there are a lot of questions that people have about corded chainsaws. Below, I would like to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about corded chainsaws.
What is the best corded electric chainsaw?
If you’re looking for a corded electric chainsaw that will give you the most bang for your buck, then you should definitely consider buying Oregon CS1500. Despite being fairly powerful, this model is very light and has a well-functioning self-sharpening system.
How long will an electric chainsaw last?
It depends on you. An electric chainsaw will last as long as you take care of it and keep it properly maintained. With proper care, an electric chainsaw can last for years.
Can electric chainsaws cut down trees?
Yes, electric chainsaws can cut down trees. They are powerful enough to handle most tree-felling jobs and much quieter and cleaner than gas-powered saws. An electric chainsaw is a way to go if you’re looking for a saw that can do it all.
Find the Best Corded Chainsaw
Now you know what to pay attention to when purchasing a corded chainsaw. When looking for a chainsaw, you may be confused with a wide range of available products from various brands. So, determine why you need this tool, read the popular offers on my list again and make your choice.
Best corded chainsaw — comparison table
|Best Corded Chainsaws||Prominent Features||Weight|
|Oregon CS1500 18-inch Chainsaw||Instant start|
|MAXLANDER 14-inch Chainsaw||Automatic chain lubrication|
|Makita UC4051A 16-Inch Chainsaw||Powerful model|
|Greenworks 40V 12-Inch Chainsaw||Auto-oiling system|
|Zombi ZCS12017 16-Inch Chainsaw||Great design|
|BLACK+DECKER CS1518 18-Inch Chainsaw||Affordable option|
Reliable, ergonomic design
|WORX WG322 10-Inch Chainsaw||Compact, quiet design|
What type of chainsaw do you think is the most convenient to use? Have you ever used any of the chainsaws that are listed above? Leave your comments in the comment section down below.