A gas chainsaw is an indispensable tool in the household, allowing you to perform not only domestic tasks but also some significant ones. With a chainsaw, unlike its electric counterparts, you can work in any location and do not depend on stationary power sources.
Husqvarna company provides a wide range of different models, so I made a complete review on choosing the best ones: in the article, I will help you select the best Husqvarna chainsaw.
- 1 Top 5 Best Husqvarna Chainsaws
- 2 What to Consider When Choosing the Best Husqvarna Chainsaw
- 3 Tips on How to Use a Husqvarna Chainsaw
- 4 FAQ
- 5 What Husqvarna Chainsaw is the Best?
Top 5 Best Husqvarna Chainsaws
- Husqvarna 460 Rancher Gas — Our Top Pick
- Husqvarna 445 Gas — Great Value
- Husqvarna 135 Mark II — Premium Peak
- Husqvarna 435 16
- Husqvarna 450R 450 Rancher Chainsaw
What is the best Husqvarna chainsaw? The decisive moment when choosing a chainsaw is undoubtedly its future use. For customers planning to buy a unit for personal needs, 2 segments are available — domestic and semiprofessional models, and for professionals — professional chainsaws. In this article, you can find detailed reviews of 5 reliable Husqvarna chainsaw reviews.
1. Husqvarna 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw — Top Pick
No products found.
This model is a reliable, versatile chainsaw ideal for demanding cutting tasks requiring more power and a longer bar. This chainsaw has an ergonomic design for easy operation and is equipped with an advanced. X-Torq engine to maintain high torque at all rpm.
The Husqvarna 460 Rancher chainsaw starts quickly and easily with a decompression valve, combined throttle, and chokes control, reducing the risk of engine flooding and a low-resistance starter rope. The improved starting handle requires less force to start the engine and provides a comfortable grip.
The Husqvarna 460 Rancher chain saw also has a heavy-duty forged crankshaft, adjustable chain lubrication, and a side chain tensioning device that tightens the saw chain quicker and more comfortable. In addition, this model has a number of features making operation safe for the user. These features include an inertia brake and a chain catcher.
With a powerful engine and up to 20″ long saw bars, this chainsaw can make quick, clean cuts all day long. The Husqvarna 460 chainsaw weighs over 12 pounds with a mounted guide bar, chain, and full tanks. The chainsaw is well-balanced and has an anti-vibration system, but prolonged use of the chainsaw can be tiring for unprepared users. Those users who harvest lots of wood yearly or regularly clear large areas will not be disappointed with the chainsaw.
- Powerful and effective;
- Comfortable handles to work with;
- Quite a reasonable price;
- Anti-vibration system.
- Plastic case.
2. Husqvarna 445 18″ Gas Chainsaw — Great Value
This reliable and durable gasoline-powered saw is a semi-professional class of gasoline-powered saws. The whole appearance of this saw exudes power, inner beauty, and reliability. The smooth, streamlined shape is somewhat reminiscent of a racing car. In my opinion, this chainsaw beats all the models on the list in terms of design.
A special system has been developed for starting, which speeds up the start of the saw. The engine starts almost immediately as the cord’s resistance is reduced by 40 percent. A fuel boost and the combined starting system allow the petrol saw to work in precisely the opposite temperature conditions without any effort.
The emergency chain brake is based on inertial forces, which completely block the saw in case of malfunctions or kickback. Working with a saw vibrating a lot is uncomfortable and dangerous. The constant exposure to vibration leads to joint problems. So, this model is equipped with an anti-vibration system.
The LowVib anti-vibration system is admirable — it virtually eliminates vibration when the saw works. Thus, the operator’s hands are not stressed and become less tired when using the chainsaw.
- Great design;
- Very comfortable to hold in your hands;
- Tested at low temperatures — everything works great.
- Less horsepower than the previous model.
3. Husqvarna 135 Mark II Chainsaw — Premium Peak
Husqvarna chainsaw models have always been distinguished by their high quality and reliability. This particular saw was the first one to come into my house.
The petrol saw belongs to the household class, but its functionality is as close as possible to the models of the semi-professional category. This chainsaw is intended for cutting branches, clearing brushwood, and mowing small trees or firewood.
Most users note the quality and reliability of this model, but some report oil leaks. The problem is probably due to unfair use and inattentive reading of the manual.
This compact chainsaw is the right solution for professional arborists and those who need a reliable chainsaw with a top handle. On the other hand, you have to consider its low output. The model offers high performance for its level. The durability of the tool compensates for the high price. It is worth buying only if you use this tool often. It is better to choose a cheaper analog for infrequent work around the house or in the garden.
- Easy start-up with Smart Start technology;
- Centrifugal air cleaning system;
- Ease of use due to comfortable grip and low weight.
- High price.
4. Husqvarna 435 16″ Gas Chainsaw
Many chainsaws on the market are powerful but too heavy to hold or maneuver effectively for long periods of time. Others are easy to operate but provide only minimal power.
This model is perfect for balance: I can cut whatever I want, regardless of space constraints, because it’s easy to be precise with it. This small Husqvarna chainsaw is perfect for all purposes.
If you look at this 16-inch chainsaw, you’ll notice it’s ergonomic, carefully designed, streamlined, and offers no frills, just power. It’s virtually impossible to break. The Husqvarna 435 is a machine that, while not made of carbon fiber or alloyed titanium, is still virtually indestructible. A chainsaw would be ideal for working on a farm or producing houses made of logs. It is still better to choose a simpler saw for home use.
- Very powerful;
- Lightweight compared to other models from the list;
- Optimal cost justifies the quality.
- Expensive spare parts and accessories.
5. Husqvarna 450R 450 Rancher Chainsaw
No products found.
It is a versatile, powerful semi-professional chainsaw. It will do any field job and can also be widely used in the forestry industry. The handle is ergonomically shaped and has soft rubber inserts for safer and more reliable operation. There is an anti-vibration function, and the force of inertia brakes the chain. The fuel quantity indicator is very convenient for the operator’s control.
You can assemble quite simply and quickly. The manual describes everything step-by-step. You can also see how to adjust the chain tension correctly, and incorrect chain tensioning will cause the saw blade to fail quickly.
In particular, the effective operation of the vibration damper, rubber pads on the handles, ergonomic location of the throttle, accidental start lock, and combined carburetor choke control significantly increased the comfort level of long-term work.
- Chain tensioning without additional tools;
- X-Torq fuel economy and emission reduction system.
- Heavy enough compared to others;
- Overpriced mode.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Husqvarna Chainsaw
When choosing a chainsaw Husqvarna, the first thing is to determine what you will do with this tool, how often you plan to use it, and what loads a chainsaw will have. On this basis, you choose the power and components of the chainsaw (guide bar and chain).
Types of chainsaws
According to power, functionality, and frequency of use, the following types of chainsaws are distinguished:
- Domestic chainsaws are designed for domestic needs and infrequent use: no more than 30-40 minutes a day or 24 hours a week.
- Semi-professional chainsaws have the power 2 to 3,5 kW. They are used for preparing firewood with sawing logs, construction works, felling small trees, and crowning.
- Professional chainsaws are powerful tools (up to 6 kW) for hard work up to 14 hours a day. These tools are used in forestry, logging, and industrial firewood harvesting.
Bar length and weight
The bar’s size determines the saw’s performance and depth-of-cut. The parameters of the bar depend on the chainsaw class. The greater the length of the bar, the greater the cut’s depth is. When changing the bar, you should not disregard the manufacturer’s recommendation and install a bar that is too long on a low-powered tool.
The power determines the ability of the saw to pull the chain through the cut. It affects both the cutting speed and the depth-of-cut. The engine’s power, or working volume, should be selected based on the bar’s size and intended use. For example, if you buy a chainsaw for home use, 1.5-2 horsepower is enough.
The biggest problem for users is kickback — the rapid push of the cutting tool sideways toward the cutter. To eliminate the possibility of backfire, choose a chainsaw equipped with a motor shield and a brake that instantly brakes the chain upon impact. Vibration is another problem occurring during the sawing process. Semi-professional and good household chainsaws are necessarily equipped with an anti-vibration system.
Many chainsaws have filtration systems to protect the sawyer and the environment from dust. It is a convenient option, consisting of an impeller that carries the dust away and cleans a filter. A tool with a filter is indispensable if the saw is used indoors. When working in dusty conditions, it is better to use a filter system with an oil filter.
Tips on How to Use a Husqvarna Chainsaw
If you want to get a positive experience of using a chainsaw, follow these simple safety rules:
- Stand firmly with legs spread wide apart while operating the tool.
- Never hold the chainsaw straight before you to avoid kickback injury.
- Hold the tool with both hands at an angle or slightly to the side.
- Never operate the chainsaw while standing on a ladder.
How to change a chain on a Husqvarna chainsaw?
If you need to replace the chain, follow these steps.
- Remove the sprocket cover. To do this, you will need to unscrew the mounting nuts.
- With the fasteners unscrewed, remove the cover covering the sprocket coupling.
- Remove the chain element from the drive sprocket.
- Install the chain on the chainsaw. Take the new saw element and put it on the drive sprocket first.
- Put the chain on the bar, placing the element in its groove all the way around. It is important to ensure the chain links are correctly fastened to the drive sprocket, which is on top of the bar.
- Feed the tire opposite to the engine to tighten the chain slightly.
- After positioning the saw unit, before replacing the cover, align the screw for tensioning adjustment with the adjuster behind the bar. Insert a screwdriver into the adjusting screw and make the final tensioning.
- Lift the bar slightly and tighten the nuts, thus locking it in place. It’s important not to overdo it or tear the threads.
How to start a Husqvarna chainsaw?
Starting a Husqvarna chainsaw is not so sophisticated, but you should accurately follow the instructions:
- Pour fuel and oil into the fuel tank, observing the proportion set by the manufacturer.
- Turn on the power switch of the power tool.
- Press the button or lever of the fuel pump several times to prime.
- Fully pull out the fuel-oil mixture pumping lever.
- Gently pull the starter rope until excessive force is required to move it.
- Pull the starter rope sharply.
How to sharpen a Husqvarna chainsaw?
There are many ways to sharpen a chainsaw, and I will tell you how to do it with a file.
- Position the file 1/5-1/4 of its own diameter above the tooth plane
- Work in a horizontal plane perpendicular to the vertical plane of the bar, observing sharpening angle recommendations (e.g., hold the file at a 30° angle to prepare the chain for cross-cutting wood).
- Move the file toward the lateral cutting edge, applying even force and rotating it slightly about its own axis.
How to replace brake band on Husqvarna chainsaw?
A few words about the tool you need when repairing the brake system. The trigger switch will cause difficulty. Switching is necessary to put the trigger in the required position for the actuator withdrawal. For its switching, you need a key, which you can make from a universal (combination) wrench by cutting a few facets in the cylinder. Some “craftsmen” use ordinary side cutters, and I think you can pick up round pliers. One way or another, a logger should take care in advance about the analog to take to the woods if he does repairs in the logging site or on the shift.
You should know all the details before buying a chainsaw. So if you still have some questions, you’ll find questions and answers about the Husqvarna chainsaw below:
What size of Husqvarna chainsaw do I need?
There is a proportional relationship between saw size and power. If you need a professional model, a small gas chainsaw is not right for you. However, small models are easier to operate.
What is the biggest chainsaw Husqvarna makes?
The biggest chainsaw is the HUSQVARNA 3120 XP. It weighs as much as 23 pounds. This chainsaw is classified as professional and unnecessary for home use.
How to replace clutch spring on Husqvarna chainsaw?
Initially, you should unscrew the shroud and tire mounting nuts and unscrew the spark plug. Next, unscrew the coupling itself. If necessary, the drum with the sprocket is also removed.
What Husqvarna Chainsaw is the Best?
Based on my experience with Husqvarna chainsaws, I recommend the first model on the list. However, the final choice of chainsaw is up to you. If your physical abilities are limited, choosing a less heavy model is better, although it will differ quite low power.
Share your thoughts about the topic in the comments below. What chainsaw from Husqvarna do you use? What chainsaw would you buy after this review?